commons-user mailing list archives

From Marc Palmer <>
Subject Re: VFS local filesystem lastModified problem
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:14:44 GMT

On 19 Dec 2005, at 11:03, Mario Ivankovits wrote:

> Hi Marc!
>> Ah! That might explain it. If I write a fix for it do you want it?
> Sure!
OK, I'll try to get a look at it tomorrow.

>> Any chance of Commons/VFS moving over to the Apache JIRA any time
>> soon? Bugzilla is so ugly...
> Beside the look I see no reason to move to JIRA.

You've obviously not used Jira much then. It's a completely different
ballgame. A simple example: The RoadMap feature allows you to plan
your upcoming releases by setting the fix versions, and share this
information with people interested in the project.

Automatic release notes, filter statistics and so on. It's a -
completely- different tool. Bugzilla is really very dated and is too
hard for casual users to use - the UI doesn't just look bad, it is
really awkward to use and very unintuitive.

Apache have JIRA already in place for many of their major projects.
Commons would benefit from it too. Isn't it just a case of getting it
imported (JIRA has Bugzilla import).

~ ~ ~
Marc Palmer (
AnyWare Ltd.