commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: XMLConfiguration load problem - External Entity not found
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:06:14 GMT
At 10:46 PM 12/28/2005 +0100, you wrote:
 >Oliver Heger wrote:
 >> Agreed. We should try to restore compatibility to 1.0 in later releases
 >> whereever possible.
 >
 >We could push a 1.2.1 release with the missing method in
 >HierarchicalXMLConfiguration. I would just wait a couple weeks to gather
 >more feedback about the latest release.

If you are going to do another release, please consider adding a
configuration.subsets(String) method to return a list of subset
configurations that match the string query.  This corresponds to the
configuration.subset(String) method that returns a single
SubsetConfiguration.  I mentioned this in a previous thread [1].  I hope it
can be added in short order.  I'm not sure whether returning a List or an
Iterator would be best?  In any case, I would use it like this (assuming,
for now, that it returns a list)...

List subConfigs = config.subsets("tables.table");
for (Iterator iter = subConfigs.iterator(); iter.hasNext();) {
     SubsetConfiguration subConfig = (SubsetConfiguration) iter.next();
}

...where if I was only trying to get one subset configuration at a time, I
might do...

SubsetConfiguration subConfig = (SubsetConfiguration)
config.subset("tables.table(0)");

Of course, I always use the subset configuration in the context of a
loop/iteration, since I need to deal with all of them (and where there may
be any number "tables.table" entries in the XML), not just one at a time
leading to the rather ugly while loop example I resorted to in the thread I
referenced.  Does this seem reasonable to add to the next release?

[1] -
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-user&m=113528247017087&w=2

Jake