commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [Jexl]Log4j warnings
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:13:12 GMT
At 05:41 PM 12/10/2005 +0800, you wrote:
 >Hi,
 >I simply build a program and got the following messages:
 >
 >log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
 >(org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionFactory).
 >log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
 >
 >How can I configure log4j for Jexl? Thanks!

Well, I can almost guarantee that Jexl doesn't use Log4j directly for
logging.  It uses commons-logging.  Clearly, you have Log4j.jar in the
classpath somewhere.  commons-logging uses Log4j in preference to other
logging API's if it finds Log4j.  All you need to do is put a log4j config
file (log4j.xml or log4j.properties) in the default package at runtime (or
perform manual configuration if you desire) and Log4j will configure itself
at application startup (default configuration is performed in a static
block or the LogManager class).

Jake