commons-user mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <...@ascii27.net>
Subject Re: [VFS] Re: dependency on commons-httpclient? (was Re: vfs question)
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:35:53 GMT

I believe the dependency exists due to a need for correct parsing of
URIs. There was an extended thread, and a great deal of testing  and
changes to the code to make sure that all URI cases are handled
correctly, and in the end the commons-httpclient library was needed to
get it right. If I remember correctly this was viewed as the best way to
get correct behavior right now, even though it does introduce a pretty
heavy dependency and there is some hope (at least among some on the
thread) that eventually this dependency can be eliminated.

Not an official answer to anything, since I'm not a committer and have
yet to be able to contribute much of anything,  but hopefully helpful.