commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: XMLConfiguration load problem - External Entity not found
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:28:54 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg schrieb:
> Oliver Heger wrote:
>
>> Agreed. We should try to restore compatibility to 1.0 in later releases
>> whereever possible.
>

> We could push a 1.2.1 release with the missing method in
> HierarchicalXMLConfiguration. I would just wait a couple weeks to gather
> more feedback about the latest release.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Do you think such a fix release is really needed? 1.1 which introduced
the incompatibility is out for more than 8 months now, and this is the
first complaint we hear about it.

It would also be interesting to find out (using clirr or jdiff), which
other incompatibilities might have been introduced by 1.1.

Okay, let's wait some time. If there are more complaints, I might change
my mind.

Oliver