commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: XMLConfiguration load problem - External Entity not found
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:09:25 GMT
Hm, I guess this is partly our fault because we obviously did not
completely ensure binary compatibility between the 1.0 and 1.1 release
(now we are more concerned about this: between 1.1 and 1.2 there should
not be such issues).

I agree with Emmanuel's solution. In 1.1 HierarchicalXMLConfiguration is
empty and just extends XMLConfiguration. It does not matter to which of
the both you add the overloaded initProperties() method. Just delegate
to the other variant and set the boolean argument to false (it is only
needed for storing configuration files - which was not supported by
HierarchicalXMLConfiguration). Because in 1.1 XMLConfiguration is a full
replacement for HierarchicalXMLConfiguration I hope that there are no
further issues.

Oliver