commons-user mailing list archives

From Milosh Milosavljevic <mil...@emisia.net>
Subject Re: [commons-lang] Xml escaping
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:16:17 GMT

    Hi,
I do not have really a specification link. It  is more of a googling
around and finding lots of articles, which addresses the xml escaping
issue. I didn't come across a need for escaping high-ascii characters.
Only specific xml entities. I am not really sure if there is an actual
need for escaping high ascii characters. If encoding flag is properly
set in input or output stream for xml parser I do not see the cause for
issues if those characters are left as they were.

In case that you actully have a specification link stating the need for
escaping of high ascii characters I would be more than happy to change
my source code to comply with that specification.

    Thanks a lot for the quick reply,
    Milosh