commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <>
Subject Re: [VFS] hook on a file
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:43:11 GMT
Hi Philippe,
> Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not write
> to "file:///path/to/myFile.html" because it is currently in use.
>         at
> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.DefaultFileContent.getOutputStream(

There must be something else, you can reproduce this exception if you to

        FileObject fo =

note the twice getOutputStream() !

> -why does VFS consider that the file is currently in use ???
One thread is only allowed to request one outputStream at the same time.

> -do I have to force the delete before creating the file ?
no, I guess if you check the above the error goes away.

> and the bonus question :)
> -what about our issue on resolving relative paths that we were talking
> few months ago ? do you intend to fix it for VFS 1.0 ?
You mean the URI style stuff? Its not a "fix" ist an "enhancement" you
know ;-)
The state is still the same as we discussed, you can enable experimental
support with
Sure, I'll complete support, but according to there is pretty much work
to do in the next months.
If you would like to you are invited  to jump in here ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message