commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] hook on a file
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:43:11 GMT
Hi Philippe,
> Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not write
> to "file:///path/to/myFile.html" because it is currently in use.
>         at
> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.DefaultFileContent.getOutputStream(DefaultFileContent.java:326)

There must be something else, you can reproduce this exception if you to

        FileObject fo =
VFS.getManager().resolveFile("/home/im/tmp/abc.txt");
        fo.getContent().getOutputStream();
        fo.getContent().getOutputStream();

note the twice getOutputStream() !

> -why does VFS consider that the file is currently in use ???
One thread is only allowed to request one outputStream at the same time.

> -do I have to force the delete before creating the file ?
no, I guess if you check the above the error goes away.

> and the bonus question :)
> -what about our issue on resolving relative paths that we were talking
> few months ago ? do you intend to fix it for VFS 1.0 ?

You mean the URI style stuff? Its not a "fix" ist an "enhancement" you
know ;-)
The state is still the same as we discussed, you can enable experimental
support with
VFS.setUriStyle(true);
Sure, I'll complete support, but according to
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/VfsNext there is pretty much work
to do in the next months.
If you would like to you are invited  to jump in here ;-)

---
Mario