commons-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Poulard <Philippe.Poul...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject [VFS] hook on a file
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:11:04 GMT
hi Mario,

a week ago, my webapp wrote a file at the initialization phase
then, Tomcat has been restarted, and the same file fails to be created
(as it was already existing) :

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not write
to "file:///path/to/myFile.html" because it is currently in use.
         at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.DefaultFileContent.getOutputStream(DefaultFileContent.java:326)

-why does VFS consider that the file is currently in use ???
-do I have to force the delete before creating the file ?

and the bonus question :)
-what about our issue on resolving relative paths that we were talking
few months ago ? do you intend to fix it for VFS 1.0 ?

--
Cordialement,

            ///
           (. .)