commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Enyedi <reny...@gmail.com>
Subject [vfs] NullPointerException in DefaultFileContent.getLastModifiedTime()
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:30:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm testing the VFS based JCommander on Linux right now and I came across a
strange exception. It's a NullPointerException in DefaultFileContent in
getLastModifiedTime() method (line 157). Basically getType() returns null
for the file (org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.LocalFile)
file:///home/robert/.gnome-system-monitor.robert

My user has rwx right on the file and it is a Unix socket file (see "man 7
unix" for more details on this).

I'm using VFS 1.0 RC7 and I'm running j2sdk 1.4.2_08 on Ubuntu Linux
2.6.12-9-686 (Breezy).

Did someone encounter this issue before? Can this be considered a bug?

Regards,
Robert