commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NoSuchMethodError on ServletFileUpload
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 05:02:05 GMT
On 12/28/05, Ryan Chapple <ryan.chapple@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I was using v1.0 and had a nice little test servlet running -- I upgraded
> the v1.1 jar, and now am having a few problems.  I've read the previous
> posts about making sure that the import statements are right and all, and
> think I've got that covered.
>
> My problem is that when I go to invoke parseRequest on my newly-minted
> ServletFileUpload object, I get a NoSuchMethod error.

Two things to check:

1) Make sure the FileUpload jar (and the IO jar - see below) is inside your
own web app, and not in a shared location. It's possible that another
FileUpload jar is interfering.

2) Do you also have Commons IO 1.1? That is required as of FileUpload 1.1.

--
Martin Cooper

here's the code inside my doPost method: