commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FileUpload]
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:11:36 GMT
On 12/8/05, Schalk Neethling <schalk@volume4.com> wrote:

> Martin Cooper wrote:
> >

> > On 12/8/05, *Schalk* <schalk@volume4.com <mailto:schalk@volume4.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >     Greetings All
> >
> >     What is the latest version of commons-fileupload and where do I
> >     download
> >     it from. The only one I get from the jakarta.apache.org
> >     <http://jakarta.apache.org> website is the
> >     1.0 release released in 2003. Is this still the latest and most
> >     stable?
> >

> > The 1.0 release is the latest official release. However, what's in the
> > nightlies right now is stable, there are no open non-enhancements, and
> > I'm in the final stages of putting together a 1.1 Release Candidate.
> > I'm hoping that will be out within a few days. So it would be great if
> > you could pick up the nightly and run with it, since I fully expect
> > that will be the code that will ship as FileUpload 1.1.
> >
> > --
> > Martin Cooper
> Martin
>
> What is the difference  between the build ant script and the build-gump?
> Do I just run build?

If you just want to plug the latest FileUpload into your own apps, you don't
need to build at all. You can just download the latest nightly build from
here:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-fileupload/

If you do want to build it yourself, I recommend that you use Maven (1.0.2)
to do so. The Ant build file is there because the nightly builds need it.
The build-gump file is used by the Gump system, and shouldn't be needed by
anyone else.

--
Martin Cooper