commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [Urgent] Digester and Configuration
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:42:17 GMT

I'm no expert, but I treat commons-configuration as a feature-rich replacement
for what I used to use plain old properties files for.  I don't really use
commons-digester much, but I've seen it used plenty and it seem to me that it
is usually used to map XML tags and attributes to classes and their
accessors/mutators.

So, if you want freeform properties, I'd use commons-configuration.  If you have
classes backing your configuration, then commons-digester is probably the thing
to use.

Jake