commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <>
Subject Re: [Urgent] Digester and Configuration
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:42:17 GMT

I'm no expert, but I treat commons-configuration as a feature-rich replacement
for what I used to use plain old properties files for.  I don't really use
commons-digester much, but I've seen it used plenty and it seem to me that it
is usually used to map XML tags and attributes to classes and their

So, if you want freeform properties, I'd use commons-configuration.  If you have
classes backing your configuration, then commons-digester is probably the thing
to use.

Quoting Sravan Duggaraju <>:

> Hi,
> I am using lot of XML configuration files for my new application,And i was
> searching for the tools to read the  structured properties.
> I found two tools commons -->digester and configuration.
> 1)Which one is the appropriate tool to read the XmlConfiguration files.
> 2)I did not find good examples(documentation) for Commons
> configuration.Where can i get the examples?
> I really appreciate your responce.
> Thanks
> SanDi

To unsubscribe, e-mail: