commons-user mailing list archives

From "Alex" <alex.s...@partners.netfocus.es>
Subject [COMMONS-CODEC]
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:17:28 GMT
Hello, i think i have found a bug in class Base64, the method
(isBase64(byte octet)). I say because i have passed a X509Certificate in
DEREncoded (so none Base64 byte[]). This method returns an
IndexOutOfBoundsException: -128. I think that the problem is in line
(base64Alphabet[octect] == -1) because it is the line where it crash and
also because it is the only place where an array is referenced. Im so
sure that the byte octet is the -128 value, so index out of bounds are
throwed. I have modified that class, i suppose that i would have to
upload some place, but i don't know where. Can anybody told me if im
correct and where i could send the class?