commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Chain] - Settable Parameter Question.
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:22:02 GMT
On 11/10/05, Cass Costello <casspc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Craig,
>
> I'm new to digester and will be poking around. Does the ruleset for chain
> handle collections as well? I'd like to popualte a member
> java.util.ListUsers with something like ...
>
> <command ...>
> <users>
> <user>me</user>
> <user>you</user>
> </users>
> </command>

This is not supported directly. However, you can acquire the instance of
Digester that is being used, and add your own rules to it.

There's quite a bit of documentation on the Digester web site to get you
started (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester). For examples of
sophisticated uses of Digester, I would suggest looking at the source code
for Struts or Tomcat, which both use Digester to parse their respective
configuration files.

Craig

Thanks,