commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Chain] - Settable Parameter Question.
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 02:48:45 GMT
On 11/8/05, Ramaswamy, Muthu <mramaswamy@gers.com> wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I believe one can define (settable) parameters in the Catalog file for
> each command. Is it true?

Yes.

If yes, where I can find the proper syntax to define the parameters. Any
> sample file/segment would help.

Commons Chain uses Commons Digester to parse the configuration file, and
tries to match (nearly) all attributes you specify on a <command> element to
a corresponding property on the implementation class. So, if you have a
Command class "mypackage.Foo" that has properties "bar" and "baz", you can
configure them like this:

<command className="mypackage.Foo" bar="bar value" baz="baz value"/>

Craig

Thanks.