commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester]
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:13:24 GMT
On 11/2/05, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 10:37 +0200, Arto Pastinen wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Yes i know the problem, i think that it was bug in ATOM 0.3
> > specification, i havent find DTD or Schema for it, and my test data is
> > taken from specification text, and there is no CDATA for content, but i
> > think there should be..
> > I dont know about latest ATOM specification, but that doesnt matter
> > because i must use 0.3..
> >
> > I think that i will use digester for other elements, and i will take
> > this content out from XML with some cool REGEXP.
>
> Ok. Good luck.
>
> You might want to look at NekoHtml; it takes HTML input and turns it
> into XHTML.

For reading well-formed XML, Digester actually does have a rule that might
help ... check out NodeCreateRule. When it hits a match, it pushes an
org.w3c.dom.Element onto the stack, containing all the nested content of the
matched element. Then, you can use the usual DOM APIs to parse your way
around this content.

Cheers,

> Simon

Craig