commons-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject [validator] Date validation issues
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:06:32 GMT
I'm using Validator in a Struts project and I'm having some problems
with client-side date validation. Specifically, in validateDate:

- it only accepts numeric input (i.e. it can match '01 01 2006', but not
'01 Jan 2006')

- it doesn't pay attention to the date format; it can only match
variants on 'dd MM yyyy'; any other characters/strings besides 'dd',
'MM', 'yyyy' get treated as static seperator characters. For example,
'dd MMM yyyy' matchs '01 01M2006'!

I'm basing this on the Javascript generated by Struts' html:javascript
tag. Is there something special I need to be doing to get Validator to
generate client-side validation code that's properly in sync with the
date pattern, or is it really just this limitted?

L.