commons-user mailing list archives

From "Gabriel Wurzer" <wur...@iemar.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject [VFS] directory caching
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:59:37 GMT
FileObject internally caches the children - multiple calls to getChildren()
return the same value even if the children on the server have changed.

is this wanted ? I am using NullFilesCache, and I intuitively thought that
this would also concern directory listings. how can I avoid directory
caching ? **

cheers

Gabriel

// ** a dirty solution could be to make the function
removeChildrenFromCache() in AbstractFileObject public , but this seems a
bit clumsy if I have already specified I want no caching (?).