commons-user mailing list archives

From Doug_R...@percussion.com
Subject Making JEXL more like Velocity
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:51:06 GMT
It's apparent from the structure of JEXL that it has a great deal in
common with Velocity. It uses the same introspector/uberspec pattern, etc.

I have two questions:

1) Would it be reasonable to add the same ability to JEXL that exists in
Velocity to allow the runtime configuration of a specific Uberspec
implementation? I'd specifically like to extend the default UberspecImpl
to allow the lookup of varargs methods on Java 1.5

2) Is there a reason that Velocity and JEXL aren't more tightly bound - it
seems like the two really share a great deal

I'm willing to do the work for #1, but I'm just wondering about #2.