commons-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain.PE...@ext.cec.eu.int
Subject RE: How to change the file permissions on a remote FTP Server ?
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:39:38 GMT
Hi,

No, sorry but for the moment you cannot.
Maybe in another version like Mario Ivankovits [mario@ops.co.at] let me
know.

  Sylvain

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinivas Somonahalli [mailto:srini.somonahalli@intelliden.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:02 AM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to change the file permissions on a remote FTP Server ?

Hi All,

I am using org.apache.commons.net.ftp.* package for my FTP related
activities in my code.

I want to store a file in the remote FTP server with write permission set to
the file so that file can be overwritten by any one.

I am using storeFile(String rem,InputStream local) API to store the file in
the remote server.But by default this API is storing the File on remote FTP
server with "-rw-r--r--" permission .

Is there a way that I can change the permission bits for this file on the
remote FTP server to make it writeable by anyone? If not can I set some
properties before the call to storeFile() API so that the file is stored
with required permissions set ?

Any help in this regard is highly Appreciated.

Thanks,
Srini