commons-user mailing list archives

From "Lance Semmens" <lance.semm...@swebtec.com>
Subject RE: [VFS] FTP path does not exist
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:58:43 GMT
D'oh... I had not put commons-net.jar in my classpath
'tis working now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance Semmens
Sent: 04 November 2005 14:17
To: 'Jakarta Commons Users List'
Subject: [VFS] FTP path does not exist

I'm serving a FTP site using IIS which is available at ftp://host

The following code:
	FileSystemManager fsManager = VFS.getManager();
	FileObject fromFile = fsManager.resolveFile("ftp://host/path");
	FileObject toFile = ...;
	toFile.copyFrom(fromFile, new AllFileSelector());

Causes this exception:
	org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not copy
"ftp://host/path" because it does not exist.
	        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.copyFrom(AbstractFile
Object.java:838)
	        at
com.swebtec.cma.synchronize.ServerThread.copy(ServerThread.java:212)
		:
		:

When I use a browser to hit ftp://host/path I see the ftp site fine.
Any ideas as to why VFS can't find the path??

Thanks,
Lance.