commons-user mailing list archives

From Dário Luís Coneglian Oliveros <olive...@cpqd.com.br>
Subject RE: [jelly] swing example
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:18:44 GMT
Hi Hans,

I was able to reproduce the problem with the information provided by you.
After I executed 'maven test', I got a failure in the TestActionTag. If I comment out the
test tag from actionTagTest.jelly, then the test passes.
FYI, I got the Jelly Swing code from subversion (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/tags/COMMONS-JELLY-SWING-1_0)
Any clues ?

Thanks,
Dario

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Hans Gilde [mailto:hgilde@gmail.com]
	Sent: Sun 11/6/2005 8:32 PM
	To: 'Jakarta Commons Users List'
	Subject: RE: [jelly] swing example

	Hmm, this is interesting... it doesn't work this way for me. Also, looking
	at the code, I don't see how it could fail.

	Could you set up a test in the Swing tag directory that demonstrates the
	issue?

	All you have to do is add a test case called TestXYZ in the Jelly test
	directory, that extends BaseJellyTest and uses some Jelly script in that
	same package. Then, you execute it from "maven test" in the root of the
	Swing tag directory.

	I used this test tag:

	/*
	 * Created on Nov 6, 2005
	 *
	 */
	package org.apache.commons.jelly.swing;

	import org.apache.commons.jelly.XMLOutput;
	import org.apache.commons.jelly.core.BaseJellyTest;

	public class TestActionTag extends BaseJellyTest {

	    public TestActionTag(String name) {
	        super(name);
	    }

	    public void testActionTagExecution() throws Exception {
	        setUpScript("actionTagTest.jelly");
	        getJelly().compileScript().run(getJellyContext(),
	XMLOutput.createXMLOutput(System.out));
	    }

	}

	actionTagTest.jelly -----------------------------
	<?xml version="1.0"?>
	<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:sw="jelly:swing" xmlns:log="jelly:log"
	xmlns:test="jelly:junit">
	    <sw:action var="exitAction" name="Exit">
	        <test:fail>Action tag was executed immediately.</test:fail>
	    </sw:action>
	    <sw:frame title="Jelly Swing" var="frame" location="100,100"
	size="450,300">
	    </sw:frame>
	    ${frame.show()}
	I was able to reproduce the problem in a very simple Jelly script. See it
	below:

	<?xml version="1.0"?>
	<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:sw="jelly:swing" xmlns:log="jelly:log">
	  <sw:action var="exitAction" name="Exit">
	      <log:info>EXIT action!</log:info>
	  </sw:action>
	  <sw:frame title="Jelly Swing" var="frame" location="100,100"
	size="450,300">
	  </sw:frame>
	  ${frame.show()}
	</j:jelly>

	Whenever I run this script, the action is always executed in the first
	place.
	Any help will be appreciated.
	Thanks,
	Dario