commons-user mailing list archives

From "Flatoff Allan" <Allan.Flat...@sentry.com>
Subject RE: [email] EmailException caused by NoSuchProviderException
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:46:24 GMT
OK - I got it working now.

I adjusted my classpath

I don't know why this matters but I now have the following JAR files
Listed before commons-email-1.0.jar

activation.jar
mail.jar
smtp.jar

Now that I have it running locally the fun begins to have it work on
A Unix server.  Woo hoo!

Allan

-----Original Message-----
From: Flatoff Allan [mailto:Allan.Flatoff@sentry.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:08 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [email] EmailException caused by NoSuchProviderException

I'm using commons-email-1.0

when I execute email.send(); an EmailException is thrown
detailMessage: Sending the email to the following server failed :
mail.sentry.com:25
rootCause: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp

mail.sentry.com is the correct smtp server.

I'm running my application from within WebSphere Studio ( java
development environment based on eclipse )

Here is the stack trace:

org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the
following server failed : mail.sentry.com:25
	at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:873)
	at
com.sentry.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.main(BatchClaimOdsUpd
ate.java:85)
Caused by: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp
	at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:614)
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:543)
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:484)
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:464)
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:519)
	at
com.sentry.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.main(BatchClaimOdsUpd
ate.java:85)

I'm doing nothing unusual here and I'm not sure why its failing.  Here's
the code snippet:

	SimpleEmail email = new SimpleEmail();
	email.setHostName(emailHost);
	email.addTo(notifyIfOdsUnsuccessEmail);
	email.setFrom(fromEmailAddress, fromEmailName);
	email.setSubject(notifyIfOdsUnsuccessSubject);
	email.setMsg(odsErrorEmailBody);
	email.send();

Any insight you might offer is appreciated.

Thank you,
Allan

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please tell us immediately by return
e-mail to Email.Control@sentry.com and delete the document.

E-mails containing unprofessional, discourteous or offensive remarks
violate Sentry policy. You may report employee violations by forwarding
the message to Email.Control@sentry.com.

No recipient may use the information in this e-mail in violation of any
civil or criminal statute. Sentry disclaims all liability for any
unauthorized uses of this e-mail or its contents.

This e-mail constitutes neither an offer nor an acceptance of any offer.
No contract may be entered into by a Sentry employee without express
approval from an authorized Sentry manager.

Warning: Computer viruses can be transmitted via e-mail. Sentry accepts
no liability or responsibility for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted with this e-mail.