commons-user mailing list archives

From "Flatoff Allan" <>
Subject [email] EmailException caused by NoSuchProviderException
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:08:17 GMT
I'm using commons-email-1.0

when I execute email.send(); an EmailException is thrown
detailMessage: Sending the email to the following server failed :
rootCause: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp is the correct smtp server.

I'm running my application from within WebSphere Studio ( java
development environment based on eclipse )

Here is the stack trace:

org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the
following server failed :
	at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(
Caused by: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp
	at javax.mail.Session.getService(
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(
	at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(

I'm doing nothing unusual here and I'm not sure why its failing.  Here's
the code snippet:

	SimpleEmail email = new SimpleEmail();
	email.setFrom(fromEmailAddress, fromEmailName);

Any insight you might offer is appreciated.

Thank you,

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose
or use the information contained in it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
tell us immediately by return e-mail to and delete the document.

E-mails containing unprofessional, discourteous or offensive remarks violate Sentry policy.
You may report employee violations by forwarding the message to

No recipient may use the information in this e-mail in violation of any civil or criminal
statute. Sentry disclaims all liability for any unauthorized uses of this e-mail or its contents.

This e-mail constitutes neither an offer nor an acceptance of any offer. No contract may be
entered into by a Sentry employee without express approval from an authorized Sentry manager.

Warning: Computer viruses can be transmitted via e-mail. Sentry accepts no liability or responsibility
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with this e-mail.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message