commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Kransen (DT)" <kran...@holmes.nl>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] HttpClient and Applets
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 08:42:05 GMT
Oleg, Paul,

Thank you for your responses. I got it that the problem is not related
to HttpClient, but to the AccessController. And indeed I wrote the host
name right, or it wouldn't work without proxy. :-)

For sure I'll be very glad to be able to /detect/ the proxy settings,
and it looks like the classes you showed do that for me. However, I
doubt that /knowing/ the proxy settings will solve the issue, since I
already know the settings now. :-)

My point was that I wonder if it will work at all, since the proxy will
still be a different host than the one I downloaded the Applet from. The
existence of this PluginProxyTest suggests that it is useful in a Java
applet to detect (and use?) the settings, so my real question(s) is
(are):

Dit anyone get an Applet contact the originating server successfully
through a Proxy, other than by downloading images and sounds? And more
specifically: by using HttpClient? Is there a more straightforward way
to do GETs (and if possible, POSTs) from an Applet instead of by using
HttpClient?

Jeroen