commons-user mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] suggestion : taglib to access configuration
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:18:34 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas De Loof [mailto:nicolas.deloof@capgemini.com]
Sent: 14 November 2005 09:17
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [configuration] suggestion : taglib to access configuration

Hello,

I'm using commons-configuration in my webapp. I've a requirement to read
some configuration attributes from JSP (some inputs max-values...)

It would be great to add into commons-configuration a taglib that allow
to read attributes from a context bean (of type Configuration), as
configuration interface cannot be used directly from JSP.

A less-impacting alternative should be to expose configuration as a Map,
that can be easily searched using JSTL EL. I think it would be too
expensive for existing users to make Configuration itself extend
java.util.Map. Perhaps a simple wrapper can be a good solution.

Nico.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
copies of this message.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474