commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject [VFS] - odd syntax and other stuff
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 05:30:42 GMT

Hi Mario,

I was just looking at the latest changes to day and I happened upon this in
SoftRefFilesCache.java...

loop: while (!requestEnd && !Thread.currentThread().isInterrupted())
{
}

What is "loop:"?  Did I miss something in Java 101 or is this new in
JDK1.5?  I've never seen that syntax before.  I guess it isn't JDK1.5
specific because it builds under JDK1.4.2_10.  Anyway, maybe you can point
to some doc on that or explain what it is?

Oh, and, BTW, why was commons-compress set to use the "SNAPSHOT" version in
build 289155 where the previous change  (build 289154) set it to be
"20050911".  The problem is, ibiblio doesn't contain snapshots anymore.  If
there have been updates to commons-compress since 20050911, then a new jar
should be cut and placed on ibiblio and project.xml updated to point to it,
not the non-existent snapshot.

One last thing, when I build, I get 3 deprecation warnings.  2 are for
using deprecated methods in commons-net, and I guess that's acceptable if
using the new methods would make things backward incompatible with some
version that you want to support.  However, the other deprecation warning
is in VFS itself and probably should be corrected...

D:\vfs\src\java\org\apache\commons\vfs\provider\DelegateFileObject.java:68:
warning: childrenChanged() in
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject has been deprecated
             childrenChanged();
             ^

Jake