commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: dedicated jdk for procrun resp. tomcat
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 01:54:42 GMT
At 07:21 PM 11/2/2005 -0600, you wrote:
 >At 05:30 PM 11/2/2005 +0100, you wrote:
 > >

 > >I gave it a try. However, I have not been successful. Tomcat would not
 > >use the defined JAVA_HOME neither does it reflect the configured path in
 > >the windows registry. Does the Tomcat service wrapper differ from that
 > >procrun procedure?
 > >

 >Are you using procrun directly or the Tomcat service wrapper?  JAVA_HOME
 >*does* get recognized with the Tomcat service wrapper.  I don't have any
 >experience dealing with procrun outside of the context of Tomcat.
 >
 >Jake

It just occurred to me that you may not be understanding exactly what I am
talking about with what would recognize JAVA_HOME.  I don't mean that the
service wrapper directly recognizes it.  I mean that the "service.bat"
script which wraps the installation of a service via the service wrapper
(tomcat5.exe).

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Jake

 > >  Christian
 > >

 > >Jacob Kjome wrote:

 > >> In the shell where you are running the procrun install, set the JAVA_HOME
 > >system
 > >>  environment variable before the service wrapper runs to install procrun.
 > >>
 > >> Jake

 > >--
 > >___________________________________________________________
 > >EADS SPACE Transportation - TE 55 - Phone: +49-421-539-5673
 > >
 > >DISCLAIMER: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential
 > >and/or privileged information. This email is for the intended addressee
 > >only. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately
 > >and delete this email and any copies. Any use of this email is prohibited
 > >without the senders prior consent.
 > >This email may not reflect the views of EADS SPACE Transportation
(EADS-ST).
 > >Nothing in this email shall bind EADS-ST unless endorsed by a duly
 > >authorised representative and subject to a formal notification independent
 > >of this email either by fax or by post mail.
 > >EADS-ST and the other companies of the EADS group refuse any and all
 > >liabilities if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or
 > >falsified.
 > >
 > >HINWEIS: Diese E-Mail (einschliesslich ihrer eventuellen Anlagen) kann
 > >vertrauliche und/oder geschuetzte Informationen beinhalten. Diese
E-Mail ist