commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] SFTP and which jsch library
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 01:44:59 GMT
At 09:02 PM 11/2/2005 +0100, you wrote:
 >Jacob Kjome wrote:
 >> <rant>
 >> However, it seems to me that VFS should just bite the bullet and move
 >> to support newer versions of dependencies.  No one wants to be
 >> dependent on old buggy versions of libraries.
 >> <rant>
 >Sure, but the first version with the changed api had bugs which
 >prevented me to upgrade - I cant remember what it was.
 >
 >But hey, ok, its upgraded now to jsch-0.1.23 :-)

Excellent!  Now if we can do that as much as possible with the rest of the
libraries.  Case-in-point httpclient-3.0, especially since it is in what
the developers are hoping to be the final release candidate.  I understand
that there are issues in getting lots of libraries that have dependencies
on each other to hit nirvana and all support the same versions with the
latest releases of each, but if it can be done, it should be done.  A
VFS-1.0 that depends on modern versions of all the libraries will be more
future compatible with user applications and will result in fewer upgrade
problems with later releases of VFS.

Jake