commons-user mailing list archives

From James Hughes <jameshug...@rulefinancial.com>
Subject HTTPClient and Client Certificates
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:10:32 GMT
Hello.

Please accept my apologies if I have missed the documentation/previous mails
about the problem below, but I have already spent a couple of hours looking
for the answer and am hoping that there is somebody here who can help.

I wish to use the httpclient library to make requests over ssl to a server
which requires client certificates (in jdk1.3 with jsse1.0.3 installed).  I
can see that in the httpclient documentation and in svn (but not in official
binary releases - how come?) that there is a class called
AuthSSLSecureSocketFactory hanging around that looks a bit like it might do
the job.  Given that it is not part of the binary release, should I use this
class i.e. copy paste the code into my own project?  Is there a better way
of doing this?

Whilst I realise that the httpclient library perhaps is not responsible for
ssl specifics, I can't imagine that I am the only person wishing to do this
!

Cheers,
James.