commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] Disabling default file caching
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:37:47 GMT
Hi Robert,

having a system bulid around a cache is an architectural design flaw,
there is nothing else to say - we all know that - POINT.

To excuse myself: when I jumped into VFS development this cache was
already a long living, persistent, *never freed* map.
The first thing I did was to fix this "memory leak". Unhappily, this
time I havent had enough knowledge to remove the cache at all.

Wrong decision, well ... maybe.
As I said, it is on the todo list - and at a rather high position.

For now please call .close() and lets find a CLEAN solution later.

Thanks!

---
Mario