commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [ANN][configuration] 1.2RC1 available
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:34:54 GMT
XPath is a hot topic. I plan to start implementing it as soon as the 1.2
release is out (a release is always a complicated process). So
configuration 1.3 should hopefully contain XPath support.

About your other wishes: I would like to have a hierarchical view on
most Configuration classes and allow them to be combined to a single
tree. I have some ideas about enhancing ConfigurationFactory that follow
this direction. Will see what we can do.

Thanks for your feedback!
Oliver

Allistair Crossley wrote:

>Hi,
>
>All looks like good news, but the inability to use XPATH is still a
>limiting factor for taking it up on our projectsf for now.
>
>The ultimate solution for me would be an XML configuration tree per
>application, stored into a database record, and queryable by XPATH once
>unpersisted.
>
>Cheers, Allistair.

its interests and its reputation.

>Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard Inbound and Outbound emails, QAS Limited cannot
guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with your systems and does not accept
any liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced.