commons-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject [configuration] suggestion : taglib to access configuration
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:17:08 GMT

Hello,

I'm using commons-configuration in my webapp. I've a requirement to read
some configuration attributes from JSP (some inputs max-values...)

It would be great to add into commons-configuration a taglib that allow
to read attributes from a context bean (of type Configuration), as
configuration interface cannot be used directly from JSP.

A less-impacting alternative should be to expose configuration as a Map,
that can be easily searched using JSTL EL. I think it would be too
expensive for existing users to make Configuration itself extend
java.util.Map. Perhaps a simple wrapper can be a good solution.

Nico.