commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] Ftp copy hangs
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:22:08 GMT
Lance Semmens wrote:
> From the logging I can see that a whole lot of putFiles are successful
> up until a certain point.

Did I ask you already which ftp server you use?
How are you connected to the ftp server?
Is there any firewall in between?
Might this firewall take your heavy access to the ftp server as
"denial-of-service" attack?
If its a unix/linux ftp server, do you use the xinetd daemon?
Maybe you can tweak the "cps" and "max_load" settings?
Is it always at the same file when it hangs?
For what I see, you use the ftp active mode, please try to switch to
passive mode with FtpFileSystemConfigBuilder.getInstance().setPassiveMode(),
maybe there is some problem with the reverse data connection and any
firewall in between.

At last, please try to capture the transfer using
tcpdump -s 2048 -w ftp.log host <your ftp host ip>

(or ethereal in windows)

If you see a outgoing "LIST" command, but no connection back with any
file-listing then its definitely a network setup problem.

Hope something of this helps!

---
Mario