commons-user mailing list archives

From "Hans Gilde" <hgi...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [jelly] swing example
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:32:58 GMT
Hmm, this is interesting... it doesn't work this way for me. Also, looking
at the code, I don't see how it could fail.

Could you set up a test in the Swing tag directory that demonstrates the
issue?

All you have to do is add a test case called TestXYZ in the Jelly test
directory, that extends BaseJellyTest and uses some Jelly script in that
same package. Then, you execute it from "maven test" in the root of the
Swing tag directory.

I used this test tag:

/*
 * Created on Nov 6, 2005
 *
 */
package org.apache.commons.jelly.swing;

import org.apache.commons.jelly.XMLOutput;
import org.apache.commons.jelly.core.BaseJellyTest;

public class TestActionTag extends BaseJellyTest {

    public TestActionTag(String name) {
        super(name);
    }

    public void testActionTagExecution() throws Exception {
        setUpScript("actionTagTest.jelly");
        getJelly().compileScript().run(getJellyContext(),
XMLOutput.createXMLOutput(System.out));
    }

}

actionTagTest.jelly -----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:sw="jelly:swing" xmlns:log="jelly:log"
xmlns:test="jelly:junit">
    <sw:action var="exitAction" name="Exit">
        <test:fail>Action tag was executed immediately.</test:fail>
    </sw:action>
    <sw:frame title="Jelly Swing" var="frame" location="100,100"
size="450,300">
    </sw:frame>
    ${frame.show()}
I was able to reproduce the problem in a very simple Jelly script. See it
below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:sw="jelly:swing" xmlns:log="jelly:log">
  <sw:action var="exitAction" name="Exit">
      <log:info>EXIT action!</log:info>
  </sw:action>
  <sw:frame title="Jelly Swing" var="frame" location="100,100"
size="450,300">
  </sw:frame>
  ${frame.show()}
</j:jelly>

Whenever I run this script, the action is always executed in the first
place.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dario