commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] SFTP and which jsch library
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:02:19 GMT
Jacob Kjome wrote:
> <rant>
> However, it seems to me that VFS should just bite the bullet and move
> to support newer versions of dependencies.  No one wants to be
> dependent on old buggy versions of libraries.
> <rant>
Sure, but the first version with the changed api had bugs which
prevented me to upgrade - I cant remember what it was.

But hey, ok, its upgraded now to jsch-0.1.23 :-)

It might take some time until the new version will be uploaded to
ibiblio - so no nightlies for now.

In the meantime - if you are able to build vfs yourself - you can
download it from http://www.jcraft.com/jsch

With this upgrade I was able to active the RadomAccessContent (seek -
read only) functionality and listChildrenResolved which avoids (alot)
server roundtrips when reading a directory listing.

---
Mario