commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Enyedi <reny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] Disabling default file caching
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:00:54 GMT
Hi Mario,

Calling directory.close() before directory.getChildren() helps indeed. But
it isn't nice at all especially because this is the default behavior. It
will definitely require addressing.

I think a distinction should be made between short runs (e.g. Ant task) and
long runs (like a file manager) for VFS. By default a long running task
should be considered as happening (so no caching). If a client knows that it
needs a short running task then it should configure VFS accordingly. However
the default setting should provide a real time view of the file systems.

I don't know, but shouldn't this behavior considered as an (architectural)
bug?

Regards,
Robert