commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Enyedi <reny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] File system creation documentation/tutorial
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:31:28 GMT
Hi Mario,

Thanks for you prompt reply. I will try to apply your guidance on what I
already wrote and I'll let you know if I have any other questions.

As I can see it VFS's usefulness and popularity can be increased in two
ways: API extensions (harder; limited developer resources available) and
more plugins (easier; can be done by third parties). To get third parties
develop new plugins the plugin creation process should be well documented.
At least a guide and a simple tutorial.

Would you be interested in some contributions in this area from the
JCommander project members? Right now we (myself and probably Marius) could
start a document and a tutorial on VFS plugin development. It would even
make sense to have an Eclipse wizard for creating VFS plugins.

What do you think?

Regards,
Robert