commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daggumalli, Sivaji" <SDAGG...@amfam.com>
Subject [validator] 1) indexed fields 2) special characters
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:37:08 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to use Commons Validator as standalone jar (outside of
struts) in my application.

I would appreciate if some one can help me that whether the following
scenarios are doable with commons Validator?

1)       Indexed fileds validation - in case of Array of Strings

*       Is there any way that I know which element index is failed, so
that I can highlight corresponding field in JSP?

*       Is it possible to validate all remaining indexed fileds in case
of first element index fails?

2)       There is list of special characters suppressed application wide

*       And then some of them are can be revoked/ reinstated per field

*       Ex: application wide suppressed special chars are       *&^%$'
(these global suppressed chars check should be run against all fields)

o        But first name is allowed for special char ' (single quote)

Is there anyway this can be done with commons Validator?

Thanks in advance

Siva