commons-user mailing list archives

From "Barrie Selack" <bsel...@digipixart.com>
Subject Re: FTPClient occasionally opens port to self instead of server
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:43:12 GMT
In the ftp log (pureFTPd) it never shows a PASV command for
24.www.xxx.yy, on for 10.2.1.10 (the local address behind a firewall).

Could it be a firewall problem (SonicWall) getting the IP wrong. I hadn't
thought too much about that, but if it's the one rewriting the 10.2.1.10
address to the public IP, then it may be the one with the problem. Any
thoughts or experiences with that? The firewall is set up in one-to-one
NAT so 10.2.1.10 -> 207.www.xxx.yy

Barrie