commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: FTPClient occasionally opens port to self instead of server
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 04:28:13 GMT

In message <20051103141327.16298@mail.digipixart.com>, "Barrie Selack" writes:
>PASV
>227 Entering Passive Mode (24.www.xxx.yy,253,112)

Okay, so that would mean it's not a bug in FTPClient.  The FTP server
is sending back 24.www.xxx.yy as the IP address for the data connection
instead of the 207.www.xx.yy it should be sending.  I couldn't see any
way in the code for FTPClient to cause a local IP to be used, so that's
consistent.  Unfortunately, it means your FTP server is at fault (or
some library it depends on, maybe getsockname is buggy).

>happens much more. Just FYI, I switched the code to use edtFTPj and
>tested several times with no problems.

If edtFTPj is working, then it won't work with FTP servers that have
have multiple interfaces/IP addresses because it must not be parsing the
PASV reply.

I'm not sure how to proceed.  I'm hesitant to special-case a workaround
for a buggy FTP server.  Any suggestions?

daniel