commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <>
Subject RE: logging: more then one versionof 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log'
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:37:01 GMT
On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 16:15 -0500, Keith Naas wrote:
> Thanks Robert,
> We are currently using 1.0.4.  This morning I downloaded the src for
> 1.0.5alpha1 to see if the issue was addressed.  The exact same scenario
> would occur since the Thread's ClassLoader is in a different EAR than
> the LogFactory's ClassLoader.  It is possible that the root cause is
> really with WebLogic or with Hibernate.

1.0.5alpha1 is much different from what is in the subversion head.

I expect your problem is really due to the use of parent-first
classloading (I *hate* parent-first classloading). There is quite a lot
of info on the apache wiki about JCL and classloaders that you may find

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message