commons-user mailing list archives

From Johnathan Hegge <jhe...@permeo.com>
Subject Re: dedicated jdk for procrun resp. tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:44:28 GMT
On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 17:30 +0100, Christian Knorr wrote:

> I gave it a try. However, I have not been successful. Tomcat would not
> use the defined JAVA_HOME neither does it reflect the configured path in
> the windows registry. Does the Tomcat service wrapper differ from that
> procrun procedure?

The Tomcat service wrapper is procrun, renamed to tomcat.  If you build
tomcat, you'll see the download and build of jakarata-commons/daemon.

What options are you passing to the service when it starts up?

I've not tried this trick but instead am trying to use procrun to run
another Java class with embedded Tomcat.  I'm using the functions
defined by Tomcat to find a JRE.  I've not tried to set it or supply my
own.

I've had zero luck getting the embedded Tomcat working, the sample Java
class (Test.java) hasn't even worked for me.