commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [digester]
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:10:16 GMT
On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 13:05 +0200, Arto Pastinen wrote:
> I write that Test bean only for this mail for example.
> Actually i am implementing ATOM 0.3, and there is this atom:content tag:
> <atom:entry>
> 	<atom:content>
> 		xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 	</atom:content>
> </atom:entry>
> .. and it can contain all kind characters, and also some HTML.

Well, first of all if the input isn't well-formed XML then digester
simply will not handle it *at all*. Digester is just a thin layer on top
of any old JAXP-compliant xml parser. And all xml parsers will stop as
soon as they find that their input isn't well-formed xml.

Perhaps you meant the atom:content contains XHTML?

Or perhaps it contains CDATA like this?
<atom:content><![CDATA[
  any old html
]]>
</atom:content>

If the input is XHTML, then you might want to look at the
NodeCreateRule, which will simply build a DOM node representing the part
of the tree you don't want parsed by digester. You can then pass this
DOM node to any method you like on your Content object by using
SetNextRule.

If the input is in a CDATA section then it's just plain text and is
handled exactly like
 <atom:content>hello, world</atom:content>
and the "body content" can be passed to any method you like on your
Content object by using CallMethodRule + CallParamRule.

By the way, please try to use meaningful subject lines when posting to
email lists. These help people determine which emails should get their
attention (ones without meaningful subjects tend to get very low
priority). It also helps people search/browse the email archives.

Regards,

Simon