commons-user mailing list archives

From David Durham <david.durham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] HIGH PRIORITY. Code changes to make sure connections are closed.
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:44:38 GMT
On 10/27/05, Nathan Smith <nathan@labpro2000.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I have been wondering whether it's worth while or not carrying on using
> DBCP. There are many outstanding bugs and hardly any active development
> on it. One release a year just doesn't cut it for me.
>
> I would suggest the Tomcat team also use something other than DBCP,
> cause it makes them look bad when the database side of things doesn't
> work. People start blaming the Tomcat when it isn't there problem at all.

Well, I guess they are probably not concerned with looking bad ...  I
know I wouldn't be -- Tomcat is a nice tool.  I just mention c3p0
because it and another one (can't remember the name) are getting more
recommendations these days than DBCP.  And like you said, DBCP doesn't
seem to be getting a lot of developer attention.  I'm not sure that
Tomcat would ship with anything under a non-Apache license agreement,
though.  I could be wrong.

-Dave