commons-user mailing list archives

From Sameer Nanda <sam5...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Problem loading a Bean in Betwixt
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:09:12 GMT
> You are not quite correct on this. Almost every
> property mapping in hibernate suports nice
> parameter:
> access="field|method" - you can easily guess what it
> does mean.
>
> So for example you can force hibernate to work with
> your collection field, and return wrapped
> unmodifiable collection from getter.
> ( or have accessors which do not follow JavaBean
> naming conditions )
> <avertising>
> And f you were using doclet 2, this setting would
> depend on placement of your xdoclet tags
> </advertising>

I didnt knew this fact about Hibernate.

If Betwixt is not as configurable as you like,
> you have always an option to go for commons-digester
> ( it works behind the scenes anyway - betwixt is nicer
> frontend to it )

I would have to think about it, because I have been already using Betwixt
for my project,( its not that I have married to Betwixt) but I need to get
things done for this project ASAP, and I am not really sure if I can devote
time learning something new. Thanks for the offer though.

Sameer