commons-user mailing list archives

From Sameer Nanda <sam5...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Problem loading a Bean in Betwixt
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:49:59 GMT

> It's really good when it comes to serialize /
> deserealize stuff to XML. But XML is not really human
> readable. And instead of going through setters /
> getters it goes directly through fields.
> This could be a problem for Hibernate proxies though.
> Or not...
> It's also good for primitives / arrays /collections

Yah I agree with you, just went through the 2min quick tutorial, its good.
But again its a problem bcos I am using Hibernate for mapping my tables with
Beans and unfortunately Hibernate does need getters/setters .....

But it is not really configurable, so if you need
> human readability - go for betwixt.
> ( I'm mixing it - inside picocontainer declarations
> I'm using xstream, but betwixt to populate my
> factories of statis template data )

So, for my purpose right now I would stick to Betwixt, but would definetly
remember about XStream in the near future for simple serialize/de-serialize
!!!!

> In the mean time
> > I was stilll wondering why dont I get a <Person>
> > element in the XML o/p even
> > though I have it declared in my mapping.xml
>

> I'm not so fluent with betwixt mappings. I think and
> XDoclet 2 module would make some developer lifes
> easier... ( though I got no time at the moment )

Thanks for all the nice tips n tricks you guys showed. I learned a lot of
things. Its good to talk to someone who is more experienced and kind :)

Regards
-Sameer

regarsd,