commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Ma" <jeff...@loni.ucla.edu>
Subject RE: VFS and SFTP, not working?
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:21:35 GMT
Actually, I am not sure it hangs or not. I myself never have this
problem, but my two users were complaining "hang" or "lock". At least
one user could not reproduce the problem. BTW, is there something like
"time out", that is, when resolving, FileSystemManager will
automatically give up after some period of time?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ivankovits [mailto:mario@ops.co.at]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 10:11 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: VFS and SFTP, not working?

Jeff Ma wrote:
> When I connected a Unix SFTP Server, using sftp uri as:
>   sftp://[ username[: password]@] hostname[: port][ absolute-path]
>
> If I forgot the "absolute-path", it will hang on forever from Linux,
but
> from Window XP is fine.

Hmmm, works here.
Could you please create a full thread dump: kill -3 pid-of-jvm

Are you really sure it hangs, or is it simply that your main method
wouldnt end. It looks like jsch uses a thread which is not a daemon and
thus the jvm cant shutdown.
To workaround this you can call: ((StandardFileSystemManager)
VFS.getManager()).close();