commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Ma" <>
Subject RE: [vfs] VFS
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:18:12 GMT

Hi, Mario

What I really want is something like File.listRoots().

For CD driver, the problem is that I did not put any cd in it, when I
put some cd in the driver, it works fine.

Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ivankovits []
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:12 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [vfs] VFS

>2)       When I tested at my Window NT, if I gave the path
>"C:\tmp\testfile.txt", The root of the FIleObject is "C:\". I could not
>go up one level further. It also did not recognize my CD driver.
Hmmm. Its not supported to go one level up - c:/ is already the root for

Sure, this might be discussable, but for now we do not have something
like File.listRoots().

Whats the drive-letter of your CD drive?
VFS do nothing special here.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message